Advertisement

Long chunky coat pattern

topic posted Fri, August 19, 2005 - 5:16 PM by  Heidi
Share/Save/Bookmark
Hi everyone. I'm new to this tribe and tribe thing. I was wondering if anyone know where I could find a pattern for a long coat. Did anyone see the movie "Le Divorce"? Kate Hudson wears this beautiful chunky long red knitted coat. I fell in love with it and I think I NEED it! Can anyone help me? I have looked all over the internet for something even similar to it but to no avail. I am not the greatest knitter either so I still depend of patterns.

Thanx
posted by:
Heidi
Norfolk
Advertisement
  • There's a new book called Hollywood Knits Style by Suss Cousins - i found it at the library adn it has a lovely long warm knit coat pattern in it (free if you can get it at the library :) - Miggy
  • Don't know if you've found your pattern or not yet, but I've made one like this in a beautiful red wool roving. Used a size 17 circular needle. I'd seen a georgeous coat in a little boutique, but, per usual, all that stuff is always too small for me. So I went to my LYS, saw the exact same yarn, and if it wasn't, it was pretty darned close, made a loose sketch of what I wanted, and the owner drafted me out a super easy pattern based on my measurements.
    So my recomendation, get help from your LYS.

Good luck. Would love to see the finnished piece too!

Recent topics in "Knitters"